Chapter 105 Plan Reviews and Permits
- Carefully review the definitions, conditions, and requirements of the particular Chapter 105 General Permit to determine if the proposed project can qualify for authorization
- Submit the following documents to the District:
- One original permit application package
- One copy of the permit registration package, including pertinent attachments
- Note: to ensure prompt application processing and review, ensure all information required in sections A – H is completely and accurately provided
- For non-exempt entities, submit the appropriate Chapter 105 General Permit fee payable to the "Allegheny County Conservation District Clean Water Fund"
Chapter 105 Erosion and Sediment Pollution Control (E&S) Plan Requirements
- All Chapter 105 General Permits will require a reviewed and approved E&S plan
- If the Chapter 105 General Permit is associated with a Chapter 102 permit, include the appropriate erosion control measures within the narrative and drawings for the following instances:
- Activities affecting streams
- 100 year floodways
- Note: In this scenario, no separate E&S plan or E&S plan review fee is required for the Chapter 105 permitting process, only the applicable Chapter 105 permit fees
- If the Chapter 105 General Permit is not associated with a Chapter 102 permit, submit an E&S plan specific to the Chapter 105 activity along with an E&S review fee payable to the "Allegheny County Conservation District" according to the chart below
Fees Associated with Chapter 105 Plan Reviews and Permits
Plan Review Fees
|Total Project Acreage||Regular Fees||Expedited Fees (regular fee +)|
|0.00 – 0.49||$200.00||$400.00|
|0.50 – 0.99||$400.00||$800.00|
Review of Plan Revisions:
- 1st Revision – included in initial fees
- 2nd Revision – 30% of initial fee or included in expedited review fees
- 3rd Revision – 100% of initial fee
Expedited Plan Review Options
- The following are to be submitted for the expedited review:
- Two (2) checks payable to the “Allegheny County Conservation District”
- The initial E&SC Plan review fee (based on project acreage)
- The expedited E&SC Plan review fee equal to double the initial review fee
- One set of the E&SC Plan narrative and drawings
- Expedited Review Process:
- The Conservation District will conduct an administrative review of the documents within five (5) working days of receipt of the scheduled expedited review submission.
- If the administrative review determines that the submission is incomplete, both the applicant and the plan preparer(s) will be notified. The notification will identify the omissions and request that the documents be resubmitted.
- Once the administrative review of the submission is determined to be complete, the technical review will be completed within 10 working days for projects disturbing up to fifty (50) acres and within an additional five (5) working days for each fifty (50) disturbed acre increment.
- If technical deficiencies or inadequacies are detected during the technical review, a review letter with all of the comments will be mailed to both the applicant and the plan designer(s). The applicant will have to resubmit the documents and include a cover letter identifying all changes to the documents, along with highlighted changes within all the documents. No additional fee will be required for the first resubmission. Once all resubmittal materials have been received, the technical review will be completed within 10 working days for projects disturbing up to fifty (50) acres and within an additional five (5) working days for each fifty (50) disturbed acre increment.
In the event the technical deficiencies or inadequacies are not properly addressed in the resubmission, both the applicant and the plan designer(s) will be notified and the project will not be eligible for the expedited review procedure.
- If you are submitting a Chapter 102 permit that has been expedited, the Chapter 105 permits will also be expedited automatically with no additional fees!
Returns and Refunds
- A $20.00 fee will be assessed for each returned check
Review Fee Refunds:
- Permit fees and disturbed acreage fees are not refundable
- Allegheny County Conservation District review fees are not refundable except in the event of an early permit application withdrawal
- If a permit application is withdrawn prior to the review process starting, then the review fee is refunded minus a $100 administrative fee
- Once the review process is started, no fees are refunded